I was born on November 24th, 1991 and ever since then I have always found myself loving the month of November (not just because it’s my birthday!) November brings me great joy because it is the month that shares most of my favorite things. This particular November has me in high spirits which I would like to share with you:
1. November brings an end to Day Light Saving, which means that we all get an extra hour of sleep! Can anyone argue with that?
2. November means that Autumn should be here by now… and Autumn is such a wonderful season. The leaves have turned into a rusty orange, and are found all over the street or blowing in the wind. We can drink warm beverages with hints of pumpkin spice, or hot apple cider. We eat gingersnaps and pumpkin pie like nobody’s business.
3. November usually means Presidential Elections and as an American citizen, this is my very first Presidential Election that I get to vote in! I love being a part of a college campus where people are involved and are voting for their future. It means more to me now than ever.
4. Remember remember, the 5th of November- So that we can watch V for Vendetta again! I love this movie and religiously watch it once a year!
5. No Shave November/Movember- Seeing guys with beards or mustaches? ‘nuf said.
6. Fall Break: We FINALLY have a break to get ourselves back together and organized for the remaining 2 weeks (I know! Only 2 weeks!!!!) of school. I can’t wait to get cozy with some hot cocoa and watch a bunch of feel good movies.
7. Thanksgiving (Or Turkey Day): SO MUCH YUMMY FOOD! Growing up overseas, I would celebrate Thanksgiving with several other American families and getting to celebrate Thanksgiving here in America is so special to me. I love giving thanks and getting into a food coma.
8. Black Friday: This only happens in America (or at least I’ve never heard of it happening any where else…) but stuff gets really cheap and I find great stuff to buy as Christmas presents for my friends and family!
9. School is almost over- yup, after November we only have 2 weeks before winter break, and even though this semester has flown by super quick, I can’t wait for it to be over.
And last but not least… yes,
10. Margot’s 21st Birthday! All I can say about that, is that it’s about time!